Since the start of the liberalisation the energy sector has been facing radical changes. It is clear that in the coming years the level of changes in the energy sector will not go down.
To curb climate change the entire worldwide energy ecosystem is to be transformed to a more sustainable system in the coming 20-30 years.
The sector faces also following challenges:
- Nuclear power plants are being closed, making the needed energy system transformation even bigger. Today this transformation is in progress: increase in renewable (intermittent) energy sources, offering of demand and supply side flexibility services, installation of smart meters, …
- Competition keeps on increasing; the number of customer switches has never been so high, resulting in pressure on margins. Energy companies have multiple options to respond: increase internal efficiency enabling price reductions, increase customer service, offer new valuable services, …
Furthermore in the Belgian context there is the new market model:
- In 2018 a new market model with a new set of market processes will apply (UMIG 6). Together with the implementation of the new market processes a new central data platform will be put in place. The energy players have to change their processes & systems to comply with the new market model.
We strongly believe we can help you turn above challenges into opportunities via the combination of our professional services and utility sector knowledge.
Trilations delivers robust business knowledge and insights to our energy clients enabling them to develop business cases, strategies and operational processes to support market penetration, market growth and differentiation in the energy and utilities industries.
- Customer centricity
The energy business is increasingly becoming a fast moving industry and putting the customer in the centre of things becomes even more critical to stay ahead of competition. We help energy companies to further increase their knowledge about their customers via statistical fact based (market) analysis and to implement the recommendations which deliver the benefits.
- Business process improvements
Energy companies have multiple options to respond to market competition: increase internal efficiency enabling price reductions, increase customer service, offer new valuable services. We help energy companies in optimising and implementing more efficient & effective business processes.
- Smart Metering
We provide support to a European Smart Metering Programme since 2012. This involves providing advisory support regarding the development of European use cases for smart metering, including analysis of technical needs related to privacy and security.
- Training courses on market processes
Our energy market process training courses provide an in-depth understanding of the energy sector covering electricity and gas. We deliver training on (new) energy market models covering domains like metering, structuring, grid fee, settlement, gas shipping, electricity balancing and green certificates.